The original Career Network Ministry (CNM) was established over 15 years ago as an outreach of McLean Bible Church in Northern Virginia. The ministry has expanded with the establishment of chapters in Albuquerque, NM and Atlanta, GA. The goal of the ministry is to provide caring support to individuals during career transitions. We desire to encourage, equip and empower you to become all that God wants you to be. The Career Network Ministry provides ministry and support to anyone in a work life transition. Discover your God-given gifts and find a career that is right for you.
- We offer moral and prayer support in a safe environment, encourage the exchange of information and ideas and the sharing of resources.
- We provide consultation and training for skill development, job search development to include resume development, job search techniques, networking and interviewing techniques.
- We provide career assessment, including consultation on discovering your spiritual gifts, talents, interests, experiences, and potential career options.
How We Can Help:
Weekly meetings of the Career Network Ministry (CNM) focus on organizing the job search, developing action plans, building personal networks, and giving emotional support. Participants are given an opportunity to introduce themselves and to ask for specific help in identifying contacts or addressing issues of concern. Frequently, if participants so desire, CNM volunteers will follow up between meetings to identify new issues, offer support, and pray.
CNM meetings seek to provide assistance in a number of areas, such as the following:
- Career search planning
- Résumé development and customization
- “Elevator” speeches
- Networking skills and techniques
- Use of internet search tools
- Interviewing skills
- Vocational assessment
What the Career Network Ministry does provide:
- A weekly meeting for pursuing relevant Career Network Ministry services
- Support, nurturing, and advice in a Biblical environment
- Consultation for skill development or job search developmental needs, based on the needs of each participant
- Training – in private consultation and at the meeting – in networking skills, with access to relevant network sources in business, government, ministry, and not-for-profit organizations, as appropriate
What the Career Network Ministry does not provide:
- Jobs or a job list
- Facilitation for employment placement
- Network sources to ensure employment
- Guarantees that network sources will be supportive, relevant, and helpful to each individual’s search
The Career Network Ministry provides an opportunity for participants to explore career needs in a safe, confidential, and non-threatening environment. Church membership or affiliation is not a requirement for participation, and we do not charge fees of any kind. Our only request is that you come back and share with others your experience and God’s work in your life, and help someone else once you have landed a position.
At its heart, this is a ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. Staffed entirely by volunteers, the Career Network Ministry is open to all, grounded in a commitment to serve, and upheld by the assurance that, by God’s grace, needs will be met and hope renewed during difficult times of career transition.